Asake Issues Statement After Alleged Crush At Brixton Concert

Nigerian singer Asake has issued a statement after there was an alleged crush ahead of his show in south London.

It was revealed on Friday morning that four people are in critical condition in hospital after a flood of people attempted to enter Brixton Academy on Thursday night.

Emergency services rushed to the scene and found a number of people with “injuries believed to be from crushing”.

Asake said his heart was with the injured

(Walker Banks – Press)

The concert was later canceled due to the incident. In some videos online, the crowd can be heard booing the announcement.

“My heart goes out to those who were injured last night and caused every form of discomfort,” the singer wrote on his Instagram page on Friday (December 16). “I pray that you recover soon.”

He continued, “I’m also in the process of reaching out to individuals. I still don’t have the full report from the event organizers themselves as to what led to the disruption at the entrance to Brixton Academy, but we are grateful that everything ended peacefully.”

“For my folks who enjoyed the beginning of my performance, I’m sorry it was cut short,” he said.

“Thank you for your incredible love London. I love you too much! I look forward to seeing you again soon!” added the singer.

London Police have launched an urgent investigation into the incident after receiving reports of large numbers of people attempting to force entry.

Enjoy unlimited access to 70 million ad-free songs and podcasts with Amazon Music Sign up now for a free 30-day trial

Register

A total of eight people were hospitalized, four of whom were critically injured, the Met said.

Two others with less serious injuries were treated by paramedics at the scene of the accident.

Police have launched an investigation into what happened outside the venue

(Walker Banks – Press)

“The presenter came on stage to tell the crowd that the entrance had been forced open and we had to exit the stage through the side exits,” said one attendee The Independent.

“As I tried to leave, I saw people running into the venue [and] people fight.”

“I also saw someone being resuscitated right outside the main entrance as police were escorting us out of the venue,” she added.

At the time of writing, no arrests have been made and detectives have launched an urgent investigation, with cordons remaining outside the venue.

“The crime scene is being investigated by specialized officers, CCTV is being reviewed, every witness we can contact is being spoken to and all other lines of investigation are being followed,” police said.

Any witnesses who have not yet spoken to police are asked to call 101 ref 6725/15Dec. Anyone with cell phone footage that could help police is asked to also reach out to @MetCC on Twitter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/asake-statement-crush-brixton-concert-injured-b2246524.html Asake Issues Statement After Alleged Crush At Brixton Concert

JOE HERNANDEZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button