Local

Alec Baldwin turns over phone to investigate fatal ‘Rust’ shooting: DA

A search warrant for the phone was issued on December 16.

Alec Baldwin turned over his cell phone to New Mexico authorities a month after a search warrant for the device has been issued as part of an investigation into the deadly shooting on the set of “Rust,” officials said.

The Santa Fe County District Attorney’s office told ABC News on Friday that it now has the actor’s cell phone.

The update comes a day after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office issue a statement said that the phone has not been handed over to the authorities yet.

Baldwin’s cell phone search warrant has been approved by a Santa Fe County judge on December 16. Baldwin’s attorney admitted to receiving a subpoena and the Santa Fe County District Attorney’s Office is in talks with Baldwin’s attorney to get the phone back, according to the sheriff’s office. .

Authorities said they wanted to look into text messages sent from phones as part of an investigation into a shooting at a Santa Fe set last year that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and director Joel Souza is injured.

Investigators are also looking to seize photos and videos, emails, internet browser history, GPS data and more, according to the subpoena.

Last weekend, Baldwin took to Instagram to explain the delay in the delivery of the phone, saying he wanted to make sure his private communications were protected.

“Any hint that I’m not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants on my phone, those are bulls —. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in one the video is almost five minutes long posted on January 8th.

The actor added that he and his attorney are following a mandatory process when one state requests information or evidence from a subject living in another state.

“It’s a process that takes time. They have to define exactly what they want. They can’t go through your phone and take, you know, your picture or your love letters to your wife or good. anything,” Baldwin said. “But, of course, we’re 1,000% going to comply with all of that. You know, we’re perfectly fine with that.”

Baldwin shot Hutchins on October 21 on the set of Western, which he produced and starred in. The actor believes he was handling a “cold gun” – a gun with no live ammunition – when it appeared to have exploded and a live bullet hit Hutchins.

“Someone put a live bullet in a gun, a bullet wasn’t even supposed to be on the property,” Baldwin told George Stephanopoulos of ABC News in an interview in December. “Someone has to be responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who it was, but I know it wasn’t me.”

The murder investigation led by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office is underway. Is not crime has been submitted.

Kaylee Hartung and Bill Hutchinson of ABC News contributed to this report.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alec-baldwin-turns-cellphone-investigation-fatal-rust-shooting/story?id=82271348 Alec Baldwin turns over phone to investigate fatal ‘Rust’ shooting: DA

Emma Bowman

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button