The man who allegedly opened fire on a crowded subway train earlier this year, injuring 10 commuters, will plead guilty to the horrific assault, according to court documents filed on Wednesday.
Lawyers for Frank James said in a letter to Judge William Kuntz that the maniac would like to plead guilty to the 11 counts that replace the indictment filed in federal court in Brooklyn last week.
“If the court is available, we would like to proceed in the first week of January 2023,” his lawyers wrote of a possible hearing.
Judge Kuntz scheduled an amendment to the hearing for Jan. 3 after the letter was filed Wednesday.
James faces 10 charges of terror attack or other violence against a mass transit system, one for each person he wounded in the April 12 shooting aboard the Sunset Park N train.
He was also hit with a count of discharging a firearm during a violent crime. He faces life imprisonment.
Prosecutors allege that James traveled to Brooklyn from an Airbnb in Philadelphia that morning and boarded the subway with a bag containing a smoke bomb, a gas mask and a pistol.
As the train traveled between the 59th Street and 36th Street stations, a smoke bomb erupted from James’ pocket, authorities said after the carnage.
He then donned a gas mask and opened fire, shooting dead 10 people and injuring 23 in total, law enforcement officials said.
James was arrested by the NYPD in the East Village more than a day later after a citywide manhunt. Shortly after his arrest, he was charged in federal court in Brooklyn.
James has appeared in court several times since his arrest and is due to appear in court early next year.
A spokesman for the Brooklyn US Attorney declined to comment on the possible guilty plea.
https://nypost.com/2022/12/21/accused-subway-shooter-frank-james-to-plead-guilty-court-papers/ Accused New York subway shooter Frank James of pleading guilty to bloody rampage that left 10 injured