Who will get £150 refund?

MILLION Britons will receive a £150 tax refund to help struggling households cope with the rising cost of living.

The Government is offering discounts to low and middle income families as local authorities across the UK are planning to raise their tax bills from April.

Millions of households could benefit from council tax refund


Millions of households could benefit from council tax refundCredit: Getty – Contributor

More than 15 million households are expected to receive a council tax refund, with both low- and middle-income families benefiting.

It comes after the government announced last year that local authorities could increase tax rate up to 3% without a referendum.

Councils can increase rates further by adding an additional amount for social care services.

That means some households are facing Council tax bill increased to 5% – put pressure on already stretched budgets.

Energy bills and food prices have skyrocketed, contributing to cost of living crisis.

How can I get my £150 tax refund?

Whether you get your money back depends on the council tax rate you’re in, based on the value of your home.

Those living in the lower council tax range will get a £150 refund.

Everyone in groups A to D will get a discount as the government is trying to target people with lower and middle incomes.

Households with more expensive real estate will not be eligible for a refund.

You can find out your Council Tax margin by checking with your local government or on postcode checker.

The government has yet to confirm when you should receive your refund or if it will be deducted from future bills.

Discounts will not need to be refunded.

What other help is available?

If you are not eligible for a one-time refund, you should check if you have eligible for any other assistance.

Some households may get a discount, while others pay no council tax at all.

For example, students and some retiree credit claimants are exempt from paying the bill entirely.

Meanwhile, singles get 25% off their bills, while adults living with students can get 50% off.

If you are on a low income or receiving benefitsyou may be eligible for a council tax relief.

Requirements for help will vary depending on where you live, so a good first step is to check with your local council.

You can sign up for a discount through Government website.

You will need a national insurance number, bank statement, recent pay slip or letter from the Job Center, and a passport or driver’s license to deliver.

If there are other adults in the household, you may also need the same information for them.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Who will get £150 refund?


USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button