KAMALA Harris continues to make history as the first female Vice President of the United States.
On November 19, 2021, she also became the first woman in history to hold the presidency while President Joe Biden did due process.
Where is Kamala Harris today?
Vice President Kamala Harris and the First Lady will join President Biden and the First Lady for the Democratic National Committee holiday celebration on Tuesday night, December 14, 2021.
Earlier in the day, Harris and Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen spoke and engaged in a moderated conversation at Freedman’s Banking Forum.
Last month, Vice President Madam volunteered to Central Kitchen in Washington DC to feed the community on Thanksgiving.
Harris tweeted photos with President Joe Biden preparing food on November 24 for the holiday.
Central Kitchen uses recycled meals from local restaurants to feed those in need, and Harris, Biden, and their spouses have joined in to help.
Speaking to workers at Central Kitchen, Harris said: “I’ve heard about your work and your leadership and your courage and the gift you’re giving to the community and our country, so I want to come this Thanksgiving season thank you all. “
Harris also announced a $1.5 billion national investment bill that would “expand and diversify the health workforce and improve critical health care in underserved communities.” service”, according to a statement on White House website.
She announced a bill on November 22 that would support “National Health Service Corps, Nurses Corps, and Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Rehabilitation programs,” the statement said. said.
Why is Kamala Harris facing backlash today?
On Sunday, December 12, 2021, Harris referred to recent media coverage of her as “ridiculous”, according to Chronicles of San Francisco.
“Oh, so,” She’ll buy a pot on her way to the airport,” Harris said.
“After a very important and very successful bilateral meeting in France on national security issues, climate issues, issues of what we are doing in accordance with international norms and rules. about everything from cyberspace to space. Come on.”
The vice president spent about $580 on pots and pans that she said were purchased with Thanksgiving dinner in mind.
Near the Louvre, Harris is said to have visited the E Dehillerin store where she bought cookware, prompting complaints from Republicans.
The GOP Twitter accounts tweeted, “While Americans are struggling to pay more than EVER for the holidays, Kamala Harris went out to buy a $375 pot.”
However, the comment comes after the Washington Post reported in October 2020 that former President Donald Trump received $8.1 million from US taxpayers for his nationwide properties. grandfather.
Journalist David Leavitt took to Twitter on November 27 to protest the complaints against Harris.
“While Americans queued at the grocery stores and died of covid, Trump spent $141,000,000 of taxpayers’ money on golf,” he wrote on Twitter.
Georgetown University public policy professor Don Moynihan also countered the complaints, saying that Harris had paid for the cookware himself and that it “would not cover what Trump charges per room tax for employees.” Secret Service agent.”
One year 2020 Washington Post newspaper said Secret Service members paid $650 to stay at his luxury properties while protecting him.
The article said the fee was paid to US taxpayers.
What is Kamala Harris’s presidential role in the White House?
Biden temporarily transfers his presidency to Harris go through a colonoscopy, is an examination used to detect changes or abnormalities in the large intestine and rectum.
While the president is under anesthesia, Harris filled in, as much as other VPs have done in the past.
Press Secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement: “As is the case with the President Mr. George W. Bush There were similar procedures in place in 2002 and 2007, and in accordance with the procedure set forth in the Constitution, President Biden will briefly transfer power to the Vice President while he is under anesthesia.
“The Vice President will be working from her office in the West Wing during this time.”
The news comes just a day after she lost one of her top assistants.
On November 18, 2021, Harris’ communications director, Ashley Etienne, resigned in an attempt to pursue “other opportunities,” starting in December.
“Ashley was an important member of the vice president’s team who worked tirelessly to achieve the goals of this administration,” a White House official said. CNN.
What did Kamala Harris say at the Maternal Health Day Summit?
On Tuesday, December 7, 2021, the White House hosted a summit to call attention to improving maternal health and equity.
The press conference marked the first ever Maternal Health Day Summit and was attended by a number of politicians, celebrities and lawmakers.
During the Maternal Health Day Summit, Harris commented, “Regardless of income level, regardless of education level, black women, Indigenous women, women living in rural areas are more likely to be death or fear, or being scarred, from an experience should be safe, and must be a joy.”
“And we know one key reason why this is true: systemic inequality,” continued Harris.
At the summit, Harris and other White House officials discussed the high maternal mortality rates the United States is experiencing.
Kamala Harris’ Recent Timeline
- December 14, 2021: Harris spoke at Freedman’s Banking Forum and is heading to a holiday party for the Democratic National Committee
- December 7, 2021: Harris speaks at the Maternal Health Day Summit at the White House
- November 22, 2021: Vice President Kamala Harris Announces $1.5 Billion National Investment Bill
- November 19, 2021: Harris becomes first woman in history to take office after Biden undergoes routine colonoscopy
- November 18, 2021: Harris’ communications director has resigned.
- November 16, 2021: Harris speaking at the Tribal States Summit.
- November 10, 2021: Harris visits France to reverse Trump’s “America First” policy.
- November 8, 2021: Harris visits France to meet President Emmanuel Macron.
- October 5, 2021: A special program aired on YouTube called Get Curious with Kamala Harris and educates children on how to explore outer space.
- October 4, 2021: Kamala Harris visited Colada Shop to talk about the Build Back Better agenda and commend owner Daniella Senior for her work.
- September 24, 2021: Kamala Harris appeared on the daytime talk show, The View.
- September 11, 2021: Kamala Harris was in Shanksville, Pennsylvania and the Pentagon to attend the 20th anniversary celebrations of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- September 8, 2021: Kamala Harris lobbied for California Governor Gavin Newsom.
- August 24, 2021: Kamala Harris’s flight to Vietnam was delayed by three hours because of “unknown health problems.”
- August 23, 2021: Harris was stoned for laughing when pressed by reporters about the Afghanistan crisis.
- August 10, 2021: Harris claims she had a “significant role” in removing US troops from Afghanistan – but conveniently silent since the Taliban took control of the war-torn country.
- July 13, 2021: the Texas Democratic-supporting vice president faces arrest after fleeing to D.C. to block a vote bill, calling them “American as apple pie.”
- July 10, 2021: Harris threw a party for her team at her home at the Naval Observatory following an anonymous statement from her employees that they were “treated like s**t.”
- July 1, 2021: A bomb Politico The report claims Harris employees felt they were being “treated like s**t” because they perceived her office as “chaotic and stressful”.
- June 25, 2021: VP Harris made her overdue visit to the southern border on Friday, June 25, It’s been almost three months since President Biden put her in charge of immigration.
- June 24, 2021: Kamal Harris attends Joe Biden’s announcement of $1 million infrastructure deal in DC
- June 8, 2021: Kamala Harris is in Mexico as she gets ready to meet with Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – for questions that may be asked regarding immigration at the US-Mexico border.
- June 7, 2021: VP Harris met with Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei and received backlash from lawmakers for telling migrants “don’t come” to the United States.
- June 6, 2021: The vice president has landed Guatemala for her first official overseas trip.
- June 3, 2021: Harris spoke with Indian Prime Minister Modi about the US Global Vaccine Sharing Strategy.
- June 2, 2021: Harris joined President Biden as they declared June “national action month” to mobilize more Americans to get vaccinated by July 4. Biden said, with the help of vaccinations , Americans are entering a very different summer than last year, calling it “the summer of freedom”.
- June 1, 2021: Harris and President Biden were in Oklahoma to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa massacre – when a white mob destroyed a vibrant Negro business district and killed about 300 people.
- May 31, 2021: The Vice President and President Biden commemorated the fallen service members at Arlington Cemetery, in Virginia, on anniversary.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15167389/where-kamala-harris-today/ Where is Kamala Harris today?