Communication giant SOCIAL WhatsApp experienced an issue on Tuesday, December 14, 2021.
Users have reported that the social media app is Doesn’t work on iPhone.
WhatsApp not working?
At around 7:12 p.m. EST on Tuesday, December 14, 2021, some iPhone users complained WhatsApp wasn’t working.
Some users said the app wasn’t working, and some said they were having trouble replying to messages or viewing their contact list.
Users reported problems with social networking apps on rival websites Twitter and DownDetector.
It was not immediately clear what caused the problem.
As of the time this article was published, WhatsApp had not yet responded to outage reports.
How to check if WhatsApp is faulty?
Those who may have difficulty with WhatsApp can check other social media apps, such as rival Twitter, for reports.
If you don’t have a Twitter account, Down Detector will notify users when the app crashes or crashes.
If an issue that may not be common occurs, try checking your device’s internet connection or exiting the app before signing back in.
When did WhatsApp stop working?
WhatsApp first hit our screens in February 2009 and as of 2021 it has two billion monthly active users.
Facebook and Instagram often experience minor individual outages, but it’s rare for apps to stop working altogether.
They run on shared infrastructure which means other services run by Facebook will experience server issues, including the Oculus website and Facebook Workplace.
Here’s when the WhatsApp outage was reported:
- March 2019 – Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp all go down in what has been described as “the worst outage ever”. Problem solved due to server configuration change..
- July 3, 2019 – Users reported an issue on Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp where users were having difficulty receiving messages. An FB spokesman said a “routine maintenance” inadvertently triggered a bug.
- March 19, 2021 – Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp report issues
- October 4, 2021 – Facebook’s biggest ever outage causes other apps, such as WhatsApp, to go offline for seven hours. The problem occurred after a “bounce server update”.
- October 5, 2021 – DownDetector logs thousands of users reporting problems with Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
- December 14, 2021 – iPhone users reported problems with WhatsApp.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/16325025/is-whatsapp-down/ WhatsApp not working? Issues, problems and errors explained