Entertainment

Travis Scott, Live Nation Disclaims All Responsibility For Astroworld Tragedy

Travis Scott, Live Nation Disclaims All Responsibility For Astroworld Tragedy

Travis Scott says he is not responsible for what happened during the Astroworld tragedy.

The rapper gave his first legal response to one of the nearly 300 Astroworld lawsuit filed last month. In an application filed on December 6, Scott generally denied the claims in the case that Jessie Garcia made against him. Scott also asked for the lawsuit to be dropped with prejudice – meaning that the case could not be retried. The filing was made on behalf of Scott and the companies Jack Enterprises, Cactus Jack Foundations, Cactus Jack Records and Cactus Jack Studios.

Travis Scott has denied all charges against him in at least 11 different lawsuits related to the Astroworld tragedy. The filing claims the rapper “was not liable” for the ten deaths or hundreds of injuries that occurred during the concert.

Live Nation and its subsidiary ScoreMore also have refuse any liability for the allegations in the lawsuit. Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation also denied the claims, but neither Live Nation, ScoreMore nor HCSC requested dismissal of the lawsuits.

Last week, the victim’s family turned down an offer from Travis Scott to cover funeral expenses.

Families tell the press they felt as if the offer was more of a public relations stunt than a sincere response from the heart expressing remorse. Scott previously insisted he was unaware of the severity of the situation while the concert was taking place.

On November 12, a spokesperson for Scott told CBS Mornings that the rapper couldn’t stop the show. “They have a 59-page operational plan, and it clearly says that the only two people with the power to stop the concert are the executive producer and the concert producer. He is not responsible for this, but he wants to be responsible for the solution.”

Live Nation is also facing scrutiny over its responsibility to operate a safe environment for concert organizers and attendees.

During the three-year period from 2016 to 2019, Live Nation Entertainment and Live Nation Worldwide have quote for ten OSHA violations and filed for serious problems with ladders, ropes and scaffolding. Live Nation also faced a lawsuit from a concert attendee who broke his leg amid a packed crowd during a singer Gwen Stefani operating in 2016.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2021/12/07/travis-scott-astroworld-lawsuits-denial/ Travis Scott, Live Nation Disclaims All Responsibility For Astroworld Tragedy

Caroline Bleakley

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button