Entertainment

Tom Grennan tells fans he’s ‘all fine’ after attack in NYC.

blank

British singer Tom Grennan has assured his fans that he is “everything fine” and that he was just in the “wrong place, at the wrong time”. after an apparently “unprovoked” attack early Thursday morning after a show in New York.

The 26-year-old actor, who appeared tired and was wearing a ball cap and hoodie, posted a video that was more than two minutes long on Instagram and on twitter Friday afternoon to thank supporters and vow to continue touring despite the cancellation of a Thursday night show in Washington, DC.

“Hey guys – what’s up? I thought I’d come here to let you know I’m doing fine and your support I see is incredible and very overwhelming and I can’t believe it. So thank you,” he said in the clip, adding that the last 24 hours have been “crazy” and “a little bit crazy, to be honest.”

He then went on to recount his memories of the altercation, which required medical attention.

“It was just the wrong place, the wrong time. And I got hit, knocked out, and I woke up and I was like, ‘Woah, what’s going on?’ But I have a ruptured eardrum,” he said. “Fortunately, my jaw is fine. I have a mild concussion. I’m on meds at the moment, so that kind of takes the pain away.”

It wasn’t clear where Grennan filmed the video, but a rep for the singer confirmed via email to the Post that he’s “not there [the] hospital, recovering and resuming his US tour.”

An NYPD spokesman told The Post that an assault report was filed with the NYPD on Friday afternoon, which Grennan praised as “great” and “brilliant” in his video. According to the report, the incident allegedly happened around 3:30 a.m. Thursday “within” 151 Bleecker St., the location of the Red Lion Bar, about a mile from the Bowery Ballroom, where it was performing on Wednesday night.

Grennan reported that an unidentified person hit him on the left ear with a closed fist, which “caused pain”, although the singer claimed he didn’t see who hit him and didn’t know why they did it. The spokesman had no further details and confirmed that the investigation is ongoing.

In his social media update, Grennan said his fans are his “main priority” and that he doesn’t want to “let anyone down” or “cancel” his current tour of the States.

“The show has to go on,” he declared, adding that his next show is this Saturday, April 23.

“It was incredible to see how much people show their love and support. I am fine. I promise you – I’m fine,” he continued in his video statement. “Hopefully it will be a few weeks before the ear is on the mend, but we’ll see. We just have to keep the show going.

“Love you guys and see you soon,” he said before ending the clip with a kiss for the camera.

The “Little Bit of Love” singer previously thanked his NYC fans in a social media post Thursday afternoonwrote, “The big apple… you guys are magic,” and included a selfie taken on Broome Street and a stage photo from his Wednesday show.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/22/tom-grennan-tells-fans-hes-all-good-after-nyc-attack/ Tom Grennan tells fans he’s ‘all fine’ after attack in NYC.

Dais Johnston

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button