Tom Grennan has postponed a US show after he was robbed outside a bar in New York City on Thursday (April 21).
The 26-year-old singer was the victim of “an unprovoked assault” after his Manhattan show, according to a statement posted to his social media accounts.
Grennan’s manager said he had a broken ear and a torn eardrum.
“In the early hours after Tom’s show in New York, he was the victim of an unprovoked assault and robbery outside a Manhattan bar,” the statement said.
“Tom is currently in hospital being evaluated by doctors for his injuries including a broken ear, ruptured eardrum and issues with his previously fractured jaw.
“Nevertheless, Tom is in good spirits but needs to rest temporarily while doctors assess his ability to continue with the tour,” added Grennan’s manager. “Tom is keen not to let anyone down but we have made the precautionary decision to reschedule the show in Washington tomorrow (April 22) to a later date, details to follow.
“We will update on future shows should changes need to be made. We want to thank Tom’s incredible US fans for their support and understanding,” the statement said.
Grennan released his new single “Remind Me” last month.
The singer is currently touring the United States. He will also perform in the UK later this year.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/tom-grennan-attack-new-york-show-postponed-b2063029.html Tom Grennan postpones show after ‘unprovoked attack’ in New York