The scrapping of the ‘Latina Batgirl’ movie looks ‘bad’

Kevin Smith has rushed out in defense of the recently canceled Batgirl movie, and he’s not happy about the cancellation either.

The 52-year-old filmmaker opened up about Warner Bros. scrapping the DC movie starring actress Leslie Grace in the latest episode of his YouTube series Hollywood Babble-On.

“It looks incredibly bad to cancel the Latina Batgirl movie,” said the Mallrats director.

Grace – who is of Dominican descent – has been cast in the HBO Max action film as Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl.

“I don’t think that – – t if the movie was absolutely f – -king dog – -t,” said Smith, who has written many “Batman” comics over the years. “I guarantee you it wasn’t.”

The ‘Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back’ star said that ‘Batgirl’ directors Bilall Fallah and Adil El Arbi are working on ‘a few episodes of ‘Ms. Marvel'” and called it “an amazing F – – King show”.

“They made more money for ‘Batgirl’ than for an episode of ‘Ms. Marvel’ and such,” added the Dogma screenwriter.

The 27-year-old “In the Heights” actress took to Instagram last week to open up about the “Batgirl” news and expressed her gratitude to her fans.

Premiered by Walt Disney Pictures and Lucasfilm "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" - Arrivals
Jay and Silent Bob filmmaker Kevin Smith opened up about the cancellation of Batgirl in an episode of his YouTube series.
moviemagic

“I’m proud of the love, hard work and intention that all our incredible cast and tireless crew put into this film over 7 months in Scotland. I feel blessed to have worked under the absolutes and built relationships throughout my life,” Grace wrote alongside a drawing of herself as a superhero.

One of the Latin Grammy-nominated singer’s old friends, Sayuri Chacon, recently revealed how her pal has been doing since the news broke earlier this month.

“Leslie is the kind of person who always learns lessons from her experience. It’s always evolving in that way,” Chacon told The Post. “She knows if it’s right for you, it’s for you, and if it’s not right, it’s not. She will be fine.”

Leslie Grace Batgirl
Grace took to social media earlier this month to reflect on how Warner Bros. shelved the Batgirl movie.
lesliegrace/Instagram

“That was training for her,” added Chacon. “It’s a stepping stone to taking them to the next thing.”

A Hollywood insider told the Post how the cast — including Grace, Brendan Fraser and Michael Keaton — were caught unawares by Warner Bros.’ decision to cancel the film.

“They had no idea the film was on hold,” a film industry source said Aug. 3. “It’s a huge problem.”

The insider added that the actors told their teams that the situation was “humiliating” and “disappointing” when they, along with fans, learned about the media news.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/08/kevin-smith-scrapping-latina-batgirl-movie-looks-bad/ The scrapping of the ‘Latina Batgirl’ movie looks ‘bad’

Emma Bowman

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button