It is “unlikely” that the Queen will meet Lilibet now that Prince Harry has decided to miss Philip’s memorial service, a royal expert has said.
It comes after Harry’s heated argument and lawsuit over safety – when he called for his own protection officers in Britain.
The Queen’s beloved husband, Prince Philip, died on April 9 last year at the age of 99.
A Thanksgiving will take place at Westminster Abbey on 29 — and will likely be attended by large numbers of the royal family.
But it has now been confirmed that the Duke’s grandson, Prince Harry, will not be leaving his California home to attend the anniversary event.
And that means nine-month-old Lilibet is now unlikely to meet her namesake, Queen Elizabeth, an expert has said.
Royal pundit Richard Fitzwilliams told The Sun Online: “I think that was to be expected given the security issue, obviously he would have wanted to come if he could have.
“I find it very unfortunate what that means, it’s unfortunate that the rift doesn’t heal.”
Discussing whether Queen Lilibet will ever meet, Mr Fitzwilliams added: “It’s becoming increasingly unlikely.
“If they don’t bring Lili over, of course that’s not going to happen. It’s all something that clearly won’t be resolved any time soon.
“And it doesn’t look like they’re coming over.”
The Duke, who says he feels “unsafe” in the UK, claims he will visit the Queen “as soon as possible”.
Referring to Harry’s nod to the Queen that he hopes to see Her Majesty soon, the expert added: He said he wouldn’t be coming over, he was “hoping to see the Queen soon”.
“I can only assume he expects to win his case. He personally made an affectionate comment to the Queen. He must think he expects to win the case.
“Whether he wins the case or not is another matter entirely.”
Last month, Harry began his battle for safety in the High Court, insisting he wanted to bring his children Archie and Lilibet to the UK but “didn’t feel safe” under the current security arrangements.
He was told that in court his demands to pay for 24-hour armed protection coming here from the US were unreasonable because the UK police are not “guns for hire”.
The first member of the royal family to sue the government, the Duke of Sussex requested in the High Court in London that taxpayer-funded armed guards should be provided to him.
Papers filed by his attorneys called for the decision to remove his security Megaxit two years ago “unlawful”.
Harry’s legal team said he wanted to return to the UK “to see family and friends”.
They added, “Above all, this is and will always be his home.”
Harry, 37, is suing over the decision not to give him and his family police protection in the UK – which he has offered to pay for.
The court heard Harry claimed he made the payment offer in January 2020, but the Home Office said it was only made last September.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/17922848/queen-unlikely-to-meet-lilibet-harry-uk/ The Queen is unlikely to meet Lilibet after Harry’s decision to miss Philip’s memorial service and the royal rift remains “unhealed”.