The video used above is from a previous virtual job fair
At the city of Houston’s 37 outdoor pools, 111 spots will be open to those who are eligible.
Available positions are:
- Lifeguards from $13.66 per hour
- Senior Lifeguard from $15.00 per hour
- Aquatic Center Supervisor from $17.19 per hour
The working week runs from Tuesday to Sunday and averages 30 to 40 hours per week.
There are pre-qualifications that you must have in order to apply.
Requirements for applicants:
- Must be 16 years old by May 31, 2022
- Pass a standard lifeguard assessment
- Pass an American Red Cross lifeguard course
- Have reliable transportation
- Have a lifeguard certification
These must be certified every calendar year by an American Red Cross-approved agency in lifeguard training and first aid/CPR/AED for professional rescuers.
For those who are not certified, you can obtain certification through HPARD for a one-time payroll deduction fee of $42.00 if you commit to work for the City of Houston during the summer season.
If you are interested, you can apply to the City of Houston website.
When you receive an email confirming that your application has been successfully submitted, forward it to Aquatics.Applications@houstontx.gov with your first and last name.
Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.
https://abc13.com/houston-pools-hiring-lifeguard-job-locations/11752186/ Summer 2022 jobs: City of Houston parks department hires 100 lifeguards for Houston public pools