News

Students and staff at Santa Fe High School had to be evacuated because of the smell of gas in the cafeteria kitchen, the district says

SANTA FE, Texas (KTRK) – A Santa Fe High School employee was taken to the hospital after a smell of natural gas in the school cafeteria prompted an evacuation Wednesday afternoon.

Students and staff had to be evacuated from the building, according to a tweet from the county.

The district sent out the announcement around 12:10 p.m., and at 12:45 p.m. students and staff were given the OK to re-enter the building.

All students are safe.

Everyone stayed outside while the fire department and CenterPoint Energy worked to resolve the issue. CenterPoint later determined that there was no gas leak.

SkyEye captured the above video showing a fire engine and some gas teams in the school parking lot.

“All students who were unable to finish their lunch due to the evacuation are allowed to have lunch,” the district said.

Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.

https://abc13.com/santa-fe-high-school-students-evacuated-gas-odor-centerpoint-energy/11717106/ Students and staff at Santa Fe High School had to be evacuated because of the smell of gas in the cafeteria kitchen, the district says

Dais Johnston

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button