FAYETTEVILLE, NC (WNCN) — A tip made through a Fayetteville Police Department initiative led to two arrests in a drug bust on Aug. 4. Since that time, police announced on Thursday that 34 arrests had been made, for a total of 68 charges in the same initiative.
The tip to police provided the whereabouts of a wanted suspect, which police said led to the execution of a search warrant and an arrest.
Officials say they obtained the search warrant for a house on the 1000 block of Bernadine Street where they seized drugs, drug paraphernalia and several weapons.
A full list of items confiscated is as follows:
- 837 grams of marijuana
- 39 grams of psilocybin mushrooms
- 21 grams of oxycodone (59 dosage units)
- 1 gram of THC oil
- AM 15 Ready Rifle .223 caliber
- Bear Creek Arsenal BCA 15 5.56 Caliber
- Caliber Glock 23 40
- Romarm Cugir Mini Draco caliber 7.62
- $672.00 dollars
- Various loose cartridges 7.62, 5.56, 9mm, 40 gauge and several spent cartridge cases
- Drug paraphernalia: several digital scales, designer bags, plastic bags
- Fraudulent checks, debit cards and license plates
20-year-old Curtis Elija Hope is charged with possessing with intent to sell or supplying marijuana, manufacturing marijuana, maintaining a home, possessing a controlled substance with intent to manufacture, selling or supplying Schedule 1, and two counts of trafficking in opium.
18-year-old Ajani Dasan Harvey is charged with possession with intent to sell or supply marijuana, manufacture of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture, sale or supply Schedule 1 and trafficking in Charged with opium on two counts.
Police say both men are being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center.
They are each under a $125,000 secured bond.
https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/cumberland-county-news/string-of-34-arrests-made-in-fayetteville-police-initiative/ Series of 34 arrests in Fayetteville Police initiative