Ricky Martin is fighting a fresh round of “wildly offensive” sexual assault claims – less than a week after he filed a $20million lawsuit over previous allegations by his nephew.
The new complaint was filed Friday at a police station in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Although the name of the person who made the allegations was not listed, the Associated Press reported that it was Martin’s nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sánchez, who made the charge.
“These allegations are extremely offensive and totally divorced from reality,” Martin’s attorney, José Andréu-Fuentes, said in a statement to Deadline. “When this man previously made similar allegations, his court case had to be dropped – not least because he himself admitted under oath that Ricky Martin had never assaulted him in any way.”
The Latin American pop icon filed his lawsuit against Sánchez on September 7, claiming his nephew’s allegations of incest and sexual abuse were an attempt to “murder” the singer’s reputation, according to court documents obtained by The Post.
The lawsuit – which alleges that Sánchez’s allegations cost Martin at least $10 million in canceled contracts and projects, as well as another $20 million in damage to his reputation – came after the 50-year-old pop star was hit with allegations that he was romantically involved was Sanchez and is said to have molested the young man after their relationship ended.
In July, Martin’s 21-year-old nephew claimed he was a victim of domestic violence and illegal incest at Martin’s hands and was awarded a restraining order against the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer.
At the time, Martin’s attorney dismissed the “disgusting” and “untrue” allegations, saying the accuser had “mental health issues.” Eventually, the case against Martin was dropped, but according to recent legal action taken by Martin, Sanchez didn’t stop there.
He claimed a month after Sanchez lifted the restraining order that he bombarded Martin with messages on social media and vowed to “murder his reputation and integrity” unless Martin spat out some hush money.
Sanchez once boasted about being Martin’s nephew, the lawsuit alleges — that is, before making allegations of incest and domestic violence. In the filing, Martin said he received an onslaught of direct messages for four months, sometimes more than 10 in a day.
According to Martin, the messages were sent by an “unconformist” who also revealed the singer’s phone number on Instagram and created spoof accounts for one of Martin’s children.
Following the allegations from Sanchez, Martin – who currently directs the upcoming Apple TV+ series Mrs. American Pie” starring Laura Dern, Kristen Wiig, Allison Janney and Kaia Gerber – claims to have lost millions of dollars worth of business and is now demanding $20 million in compensation for the damage, in addition to the singer residing in Puerto Rico feels “unsafe”.
Martin has been vocal about how “painful” the claims against him have been, calling them “devastating” for him and his loved ones.
“It was so painful. It’s been devastating for me, my family and friends, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone,” Martin said last month. “To the person who claimed this nonsense, I wish them well and I wish that they find help so that they can start a new life full of love, truth and joy and not hurt anyone else.”
Meanwhile, Martin is facing another $3 million lawsuit filed in July by his former manager Rebecca Drucker, who alleges she is owed unpaid commissions. Her lawsuit also hinted at a “potentially career-ending allegation” in September 2020, although Martin “emerged unscathed and proceeded with his professional resurgence.”
The next hearing for Drucker’s lawsuit is scheduled for October 5.
— With postal wires.
https://nypost.com/2022/09/12/ricky-martin-faces-more-wildly-offensive-sex-assault-charges/ Ricky Martin faces more charges of “wildly offensive” sexual assault