You bring in the mop Return to Monkey Island from the chef at SCUMM Bar. This information is easy to find out because practically everyone in town agrees that they’re the mop expert. However, you’ll soon find that your real job is to make a mop, which requires some legwork.
How to make a mop in Return to Monkey Island?
To craft a mop in Return to Monkey Island you need a branch from the mop tree. For this you have to follow the following steps:
- Make sure you have the knife and forgiveness frog from the voodoo stop on Low Street.
- Go to the pier next to the Scumm Bar kitchen and grab the tangled cord.
- Get Carla’s slogan from her re-election poster near the docks.
- Read the plaque on Carla’s statue on Low Street and learn where it is.
- Go to the Governor’s Mansion and ask to borrow the ingredient book.
- Use your feathered quill on the forgiveness frog and write an apology to Carla. (If you are in casual mode, you can just continue.)
- The excuse is:
- Dear Karla
- I’m sorry I lost the borrowed book
- (The slogan on the re-election poster)
- (The choice mentioning the location on the statue)
- (The last sentence doesn’t matter)
- The excuse is:
- Get the ingredients book and take it to the cook.
- While he’s distracted, use the knife to carve some wood out of the mop.
- Bring the piece of wood to Wally to get the map to the mop tree.
- Enter the forest near the museum and use the map.
- Take the path indicated on the map (this changes with each playthrough).
- When you get to the mop tree, chop down a branch with your knife.
- Use the cord with the carved handle to make your own mop.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/715222-return-to-monkey-island-how-to-get-a-mop-distract-chef-mop-tree-map-location Return to Monkey Island: How to get a Mop: Deflect the boss and mop tree on the map