THE Queen is expected to return to in-person engagements next week after beating Covid, it was reported last night.
Initial fears about the health of the 95-year-old were swept away She performed video engagements on Tuesday and Thursday.
Last week some of her engagements were called off as she continued to suffer from cold-like symptoms of Covid.
Her Majesty has recovered well, but a cautious approach remains for the near future.
A royal source told The times: “The plan for the future goes back to before the Queen signed Covid.”
The King plans to attend the Commonwealth service on March 14 and a thanksgiving service for the Duke of Edinburgh on March 29.
The Prince of Wales told a well-wisher that his mother was “much better” on a visit to Southend-on-Sea, Essex on Tuesday.
Janice Jacom, 64, who works in Southend, said: “I asked the prince about his mother and he said.
“She’s much better now – it was very mild.”
“It was a bit worrying as the Queen is progressing a bit, but she’s absolutely wonderful.”
She tested positive for the virus on February 20 and Buckingham Palace said at the time she was experiencing mild cold-like symptoms.
The Queen is understood to have signed Covid amid cases at Windsor Castle.
Despite this, she still carried out light duties such as her daily Red Box and sending congratulations to Team GB athletes after the Winter Olympics.
Both Prince Charles and Camilla also tested positive several days apart in the last month.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/17851078/queen-95-will-return-to-in-person-engagements-next-week-for-first-time-after-beating-covid/ Queen, 95, will ‘return to personal engagements’ next week for the first time since defeating Covid.