News

Pet owners warn off Blackpool beach after dogs catch mysterious bug

Pet owners have been warned from one of Britain’s most popular beaches after a string of dogs was bitten by a mysterious bug.

Veterinarians have reported a spike in the number of animals suffering from diarrhea and illness after walking in the sand in Blackpool, Lancs.

Owners have been told to be careful while walking Blackpool's beach after veterinarians reported a spike in the number of dogs suffering from diarrhea and ill health

first

Owners have been told to be careful while walking Blackpool’s beach after veterinarians reported a spike in the number of dogs suffering from diarrhea and ill healthCredit: PA

Sarah Reid, from the resort’s Cozy Kennels and Cattery, said: “It’s spreading like wildfire.

“Part of the problem is that it’s very difficult to clean up after dogs have diarrhea and so other dogs naturally sniff and that’s how it spreads.”

Irene Farley’s Olly Waterspout encountered the bug after a trip to the town’s sandy beaches on January 20.

She said: “He’s starting to be active now but he’s still not eating.”

Dr Justine Shotton of the British Veterinary Association said most cases of gastroenteritis are mild but it can lead to death.

She added: “In worst-case scenarios, it can bleed leading to secondary complications or even death, but that’s very rare.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17491367/mystery-bug-blackpool-beach-dog-owners/ Pet owners warn off Blackpool beach after dogs catch mysterious bug

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button