News

People-smuggling gangs defy TikTok ban to advertise deadly trips from Europe to UK

PEOPLE’s smuggling gangs defied a TikTok ban to advertise deadly journeys from Europe to the UK.

Albanian thugs have defied crackdown from the social media giant to plug so-called “safe passage” journeys in caravans carrying migrants to the UK – for more than £20,000/family.

People smugglers used TikTok to falsely advertise'safe trips' to the UK at a cost of thousands of pounds

3

People smugglers used TikTok to falsely advertise ‘safe trips’ to the UK at a cost of thousands of poundsCredit: PA
Immigration Minister Tom Pursglove says thugs used TikTok to'fool' deadly trip to UK

3

Immigration Minister Tom Pursglove says thugs used TikTok to ‘fool’ deadly trip to UKCredit: Houses of Parliament

About 10 ads were found on TikTok in an investigation by the Sunday Mirror – with one even promising a chance to meet the Queen and another pledging a spot near motorists on routes from Belgium and Spain.

One user posted a sick clip of Bond Street in London with Union Jack and wrote: “Last journey this year to see the Queen in the UK. Safe journey inside top of lorry. Safe 100 %. For more DM (direct message).”

Another – appeared shortly after December 21, talking about “another journey to England”, in which they were “on top of a lorry”.

The ad promises potential buyers a “safe journey to the UK” for £24,000.

The shocking ads come six days after the National Crime Agency brokered a deal with TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.

The companies promised “more cooperation against criminal groups that use the internet to recruit, communicate and advertise services for migrants”.

In November, 27 migrants drowned to death when their dinghy sank while cross the channel are from France to the UK.

On Christmas Eve, 150 refugees – including children and infants – were intercepted in the Channel with 35 arriving just before midnight.

Immigration Minister Tom Pursglove said of the web crackdown: “Smugglers use social media to deceive, promote and profit from these deadly crosswalks and we are determined to stop them. “.

Those with the funds to make the perilous journey are being forced to pay in cash.

An undercover Mirror Sunday reporter texted a trafficker, who then provided a UK mobile number and demanded £22,000 on arrival in the UK.

When asked where they would meet, the criminal wrote: “Brussels. That’s where the drivers gather.”

Around 21,365 people were detained after entering the UK illegally in the year to September.

Former border control officer Chris Hobbs said: “Social media has a responsibility to do more than that. This can lead to death.”

TikTok has since banned users identified by the publication and said the ads “have no place” on the social media platform.

The company says it is investing in “people and technology to remove content of this nature”.

It comes like many people migrate to the UK by small boat on Wednesday compared to December of last year.

Interior Office Officials confirmed that 258 people in eight boats were rescued or intercepted.

It compares with the 211 people who came in this whole month at this time last year.

More migrants arrive in the UK by small boat on Wednesdays than during December last year

3

More migrants arrive in the UK by small boat on Wednesdays than during December last yearCredit: AFP

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17144530/probe-finds-people-smuggling-ads-on-tiktok/ People-smuggling gangs defy TikTok ban to advertise deadly trips from Europe to UK

Huynh Nguyen

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button