News

Our Easter was ruined after our son ate “Child Egg Salmonella” and was taken to the hospital

A mother was very scared after her three-year-old son was taken to the hospital after suspected salmonella poisoning from a child’s egg.

Mother of two Kasey Cooke, by Barry, Walessaid doctors were worried her boy could go into a coma because of his son’s massive fall off blood sugar levels and her family said he “looked dead.”

Mum Kasey says she emailed chocolate giant Ferrero demanding compensation for her son

2

Mum Kasey says she emailed chocolate giant Ferrero demanding compensation for her sonPhoto credit: Mirrorpix
Billy Way stayed in hospital for four days after suspected salmonella poisoning

2

Billy Way stayed in hospital for four days after suspected salmonella poisoningPhoto credit: Mirrorpix

Son Billy Way became incredibly ill and couldn’t get up just days after eating a packet of Kinder Surprise eggs.

It comes after the chocolate maker Ferrero released it Urgent warning to recall batches of Kinder Surprise eggs comes from originally Belgium about salmonella fears earlier this month.

63 people in the UK, mostly young children, are believed to have contracted the virus salmonella in the event of an outbreak related to the product.

The company said it deeply regrets the matter.

Parental Rage as company apologizes for LEERE's advent calendar window
Save money by swapping big brand chocolates for these delicious dupes

“It was awful. It wasn’t worth it for an egg,” Kasey said The Mirror.

“He couldn’t keep anything down and couldn’t even keep his weight on his feet.”

The 26-year-old mother took Billy to Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital in Cardiff, Wales, where he was put on an IV for four days.

“Doctors feared he might have gone into a coma because his blood sugar was so low. I was petrified,” she continued.

“When I sent my family a picture of him in the hospital, their response was that he looked dead.

“He looked like he was dying, his mouth was dry, his face was pale and his eyes were black and sunken. He hasn’t sat up in a week.”

Kasey originally had no idea that children’s eggs were the cause, but realized the symptoms were consistent with salmonella poisoning after learning about it the product recall.

She added: “Doctors took stool samples and found bacteria in his faeces, which is why they thought it was salmonella.

“I find it negligent that salmonella got into the eggs, especially when the main consumer of the product is children.”

Billy was discharged from the hospital on April 7th and is now recovering.

He looked like he was dying.

Kasey Cooke

The mother said she will never let Billy or her five-year-old son Ajay near a children’s product again and has now emailed chocolate giant Ferrero demanding compensation for her son.

She said: “I think my son should be compensated even if all I can do is take him to Butlins.

“He spent almost a week in the hospital and has lost weight because he hasn’t eaten in seven days.”

A Ferrero spokesman said: “We are very sorry to hear about Billy Way and our sincere thoughts are with him and his family at this time. We deeply regret this matter.

“We continue to work closely with food safety authorities to support their investigations.

“Food safety, quality and consumer protection have been at the heart of Ferrero since the company was founded. We are taking all necessary steps to maintain the full trust of our consumers.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18280850/son-ate-salmonella-kinder-egg-rushed-hospital/ Our Easter was ruined after our son ate “Child Egg Salmonella” and was taken to the hospital

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button