Olivia Wilde wins custody battle after ‘aggressively’ serving newspapers to ex Jason Sudeikis on stage

Jason Sudeikis’ custody request for his ex-partner Olivia Wilde has been dismissed.

The actor wanted the two children the couple shares to live with him in New York, but a judge has now ruled that her home state is California and his lawsuit was dismissed, according to Page Six papers.

Earlier today, it was reported that Wilde claimed her ex intentionally tried to “threatening” and “embarrass” her when she was unexpectedly handed custody papers on stage at CinemaCon earlier this year.

The former couple ended their relationship in November 2020 after a seven-year engagement. The couple share two children, Otis, seven, and Daisy, four.

According to legal documents obtained from The Daily MailWilde and Sudeikis’ legal battle came after they initially continued to share custody of their children, alternating with week-long “parental access periods” as both split their time between Los Angeles, New York and London.

However, after a disagreement over where their children would live permanently, Sudeikis decided to file for custody in April this year.

In her motion to dismiss the lawsuit, Wilde explained that they originally agreed to send their children to school in Los Angeles next year because Sudeikis is about to wrap up the final season of his Apple TV+ comedy series Teddy Lasso.

“Recently, however, Jason decided that he wanted to go to New York for the next year while he was not working and wanted the kids to be with him during that time,” Wilde said in her filing.

Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde

(Getty)

“When I disagreed since the kids haven’t lived in New York for several years, Jason submitted these papers,” she added, referring to the “embarrassing” moment in Las Vegas.

At the time, Wilde was presenting her upcoming Styles-led thriller don’t worry darling – due to be released on September 23 – before a crowd of film industry executives as a bailiff handed her the custody papers.

“Jason’s actions were clearly aimed at threatening me and catching me off guard. He could have served me discreetly, but instead he chose to serve me in the most aggressive manner,” Wilde wrote.

“The fact that Jason would embarrass me professionally and publicly display our personal conflict in this way is extremely contrary to the best interests of our children.”

She added, “Since Jason has made it clear that for the good of our children, we cannot resolve this outside of the court system, I have filed for custody in Los Angeles.”

In Sudeiki’s statement to the court, he said he intended to return to Brooklyn after the Emmy-winning show wrapped in July.

He went on to say he had hoped Wilde and her children would also return so they could continue their previous co-parenting arrangement.

Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde

(Getty Images for IFP)

Sudeikis has now said he believes those plans are “unlikely” as Wilde “insisted” on living in LA with the kids and also revealed future plans to move to London.

He said he was initially “reluctant” to serve Wilde because he remains “very caring for her.” However, he claims he was startled by her feelings.

“First, Olivia said that if I didn’t live full-time in Los Angeles, she would allow me to spend time with Otis and Daisy on weekends and during vacations — taking away my right to raise the kids at important times in their lives.” said Sudeikis.

“Secondly, Olivia said she intends to move to London with the children after school finishes in 2023.”

In response to the CinemaCon incident, he said he was “deeply upset” by the events and “greatly disturbed by the way the service was delivered.”

“I didn’t want the service to be at Olivia’s current partner’s house because Otis and Daisy could be present. I didn’t want the service to take place in the children’s school because parents might be present,” he added.

He further explained that due to several logistical glitches, the server was unable to serve Wilde at its intended Heathrow Airport location.

In a second failed attempt to serve her at the Las Vegas hotel where the event was taking place, the server “noticed Olivia on the Warner Brothers panel and served Olivia the subpoena and petition.”

“I understand that the process officer was just doing her job; However, I deeply regret what happened. Olivia’s speech was an important event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I am very, very sorry that the incident spoiled her special moment,” Sudeikis said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/olivia-wilde-jason-sudeikis-break-up-custody-battle-b2142816.html Olivia Wilde wins custody battle after ‘aggressively’ serving newspapers to ex Jason Sudeikis on stage

JOE HERNANDEZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button