‘Monster’, 22, killed a little girl and caused her injuries similar to those in a car accident before attempting to frame her mother

A “MONSTER” killed a little girl and caused her horrific injuries resembling a car crash before attempting to frame her mother.

Brandon Heath, 22, has repeatedly “lied” to police after paramedics found the 22-month-old tot was having trouble breathing and had an abnormal swelling on his head.

Brandon Heath has been jailed after killing a 22-month-old baby


Brandon Heath has been jailed after killing a 22-month-old babyPhoto credit: SWNS
The 22-year-old was found guilty of manslaughter after a trial at Chester Crown Court


The 22-year-old was found guilty of manslaughter after a trial at Chester Crown CourtCredit: Alamy

Chester Crown Court heard Heath – described by police as “implacable” and “arrogant” – called an ambulance on August 30, 2020 after realizing the girl had “collapsed” on the floor after taking her just got out of her high chair.

Heath, the only adult present at the address, told paramedics she fell out of a bed and must have hit her head after they found her in the first-floor bedroom.

He explained that when she got sleepy he took her upstairs and left her in the bedroom for a moment – but came back to find she was struggling to breathe.

But because of her shocking injuries, police were called and spoke to both Heath and the child’s mother, who returned after dropping off a friend at work.

Heath then told officers a different version of events about the moments after the girl’s death, saying he took the child out of her high chair as she was “whiny.”

He then left her to play and when he came back he saw her lying on the floor.

Initial observations by an air ambulance doctor indicated that the child had suffered a serious brain injury and was taken to Alder Hey Hospital.

The little girl underwent emergency neurosurgery, but despite best efforts, her condition worsened.

On August 31, 2020 life support was stopped and the little one unfortunately passed away.

A post-mortem revealed that she had suffered a catastrophic brain injury, as well as bleeding in and around her eyes, bruising to the body, broken ribs and nerve damage in her neck.

Experts determined that she had suffered significant traumatic brain injury, which they believed could not have been caused by an accident.

And on July 21 of last year, Heath was arrested and subsequently charged with murder.

During his testimony, Heath was unable to explain 12 or 13 minutes after being left alone with the girl and her older brother.

Police said he even tried to “hide his involvement” by trying to frame the tot’s mother.

Detective Inspector Adam Waller, who led the investigation, said: “The tragedy of this case is beyond words and because of the complicated medical evidence, the family has had to wait many, many months for justice and I wish to testify of their patience.


“Heath had already been questioned by police before and immediately after the child’s death and continued to be questioned cautiously in July 2021 – officers put to him the various inconsistencies in what he had claimed as of August 30, 2020.

“Nevertheless, he told police he could not remember what he allegedly said and continued to deny causing any harm or harm to the girl.

“The medical evidence clearly pointed to a sudden catastrophic attack on the little girl and although Heath was alone with her at the time, he lied about the circumstances to hide his involvement.

“He was unable to think quickly and come up with a plausible or consistent narrative, which was ultimately his undoing.

“The extent of the injuries inflicted on the child was described by one of the pathology experts as being similar to a road traffic accident or a fall from several floors.

“The fact that he blamed the child’s mother, who was not even present at the time, only shows a complete lack of compassion and cowardice in not taking responsibility for his actions against a defenseless little girl.

“He has shown arrogance and a complete lack of remorse in this case, including in court.”

A jury found Heath guilty of manslaughter after a three-week trial and he has now been imprisoned for 13 years and six months.

In a tribute, the little girl’s mother said: “She was always so happy and full of life, the happiest, sassiest little girl you’ve ever seen.

“Her smile lit up the whole room. Her personality was so great that my heart aches every day.

“Thank you to Adam Waller and the team for bringing the truth out and bringing this monster to justice.” ‘Monster’, 22, killed a little girl and caused her injuries similar to those in a car accident before attempting to frame her mother

Bobby Allyn

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button