The ones trying to start the Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2 Open Beta is currently greeted with an error message about a failed connection. The accompanying text states that the “login servers are currently undergoing maintenance”. It also gives players an error code to refer to: Reason: Detrick – Guernsey. Fortunately, there is a simple explanation as to why this message appears. But it’s not something you can fix right now.
Can you fix Modern Warfare 2 connection error?
There is no solution for the current Modern Warfare 2 connection error as it is not really an error. While beta codes have come out so people can preload the game, the servers aren’t up yet. They will likely be brought online, but are in maintenance mode until the open beta begins.
For reference, here are the dates and times for the Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta:
- PlayStation Early Access: September 16, 2022 1:00pm EDT – September 18, 2022 1:00pm EDT
- PlayStation-Exclusive Open Beta: September 18, 2022 1:00pm EDT – September 22, 2022 1:00pm EDT
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 22, 2022 1:00pm EDT – September 26, 2022 1:00pm EDT
- Xbox and PC Early Access: September 22, 2022 1:00 p.m. EDT – September 26, 2022 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Xbox and PC Open Beta: September 24, 2022 1:00 p.m. EDT – September 26, 2022 1:00 p.m. EDT
If this error occurs within one of these time windows, the problem is likely a server overload. The best solution to this is to be patient and wait for the flood of players trying to log in to subside.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/714830-modern-warfare-2-connection-failed-login-servers-undergoing-maintenance-error Modern Warfare 2 connection failed: Waiting login servers Error