Mick Jagger said he’s feeling “a lot better” and ready to get the Stones rolling again after contracting COVID-19 earlier in the week.
The 78-year-old rock legend announced he has tested positive for the virus after showing symptoms just hours before the Rolling Stones’ concert in Amsterdam on Monday.
The band’s performance in the Netherlands as well as their show in Bern, Switzerland were canceled due to Jagger’s prognosis.
However, the Stones frontman said in a statement on Wednesday that he was ready to continue the band’s European tour next week.
“I’m feeling much better and can’t wait to get back on stage next week!” Jagger said in a post on Instagram.
The Amsterdam show has been postponed to July 7 and a new date for the Bern show will be announced as soon as possible, the singer added.
Jagger also thanked everyone for their well wishes and messages since announcing he had contracted COVID.
Fans had flooded Twitter sending well wishes to Jagger, with several expressing concern at the rock legend’s diagnosis given his age and a reported heart condition.
Back in April 2019, the Rolling Stones had to cancel a number of shows after Jagger revealed he was suffering from undisclosed health issues.
It was later revealed that the superstar had been taken to New York’s Presbyterian Hospital, where he underwent heart valve replacement surgery.
He successfully recovered from the major surgery and returned to the stage just three months later.
https://nypost.com/2022/06/16/mick-jagger-feeling-much-better-after-covid-diagnosis/ Mick Jagger feels much better after COVID diagnosis