There was no shortage of theatrics in the Mets’ inaugural series in DC. Benches clearing “brawls,” a lights out delay, rain delays, Grand Slam, Max Scherzer’s return to DC in his Mets debut, Sunday drama and more. All in all, it was a success for the boys in orange and blue, picking up three out of four from the Nationals before traveling to Philadelphia to face the Phillies.
To talk about the Mets’ 3-1 start to the season, we bring you a new episode of the “Amazin’ But True” Podcast starring Nelson Figueroa and I. Barstool Sports resident Mets superfan Frank “The Tank” Fleming the second half of the show.
Amazin’ But True’ Podcast with Jake & Figgie:
- SUNDAY GREETINGS: Mets fail to make the four-game sweep against the Nationals on Sunday. Pete Alonso’s soft toss home and the offline throw to second base were the big difference. It’s not Trevor Williams’ fault. Buck Showalter wanted to take everyone with him and he did that over the weekend.
- ROTATIONAL DAZZLES: Tylor Megill, Max Scherzer, Chris Bassitt and Carlos Carrasco all played very well. Scherzer didn’t apologize after the 15-minute delay because the lights went out. Showalter has life on this team as everyone defended Francisco Lindor after the fourth HBP in two games.
- NATIONAL PARK DISASTER: Lights out, no straws, steak sandwiches with no bread, no litter in the men’s room, kiosks to pay for food, subway close at 11, fans absent. It was a fight on DC’s opening weekend.
Frank Fleming Interview:
Barstool Sports Podcast Host
- FAN EXPERIENCE: Nationals Park is below average. Display boards don’t show enough information, the food isn’t great, but the staff was nice.
- ALONSO: Should Mets Dom Smith start more than Alonso at first base?
- DESIRE: Showalter brings a different feel to this team. You trust the decisions he makes more than you did with Luis Rojas.
Catch up on all episodes of “Amazin’ But True,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. Follow the podcast on Twitter @AmazinButTrue.
https://nypost.com/2022/04/11/amazin-but-true-podcast-episode-99-mets-rotation-dazzles-in-opening-series-feat-frank-fleming/ Mets’ rotation dazzles in opening series feat. Frank Fleming