The Mets did a hell of a job of exciting the fan base in April. They’ve managed to do that again this season. They’ve won all five series, are 12-5, and have the most wins in MLB. The tide has taken a turn for the worse in recent years, but for now at least, there’s certainly a different feeling about this Buck Showalter-led Mets roster. Can this team keep the good times going?
To discuss the Mets’ last two winning streaks over the Giants and Diamondbacks and to look ahead, we bring you a new episode of your favorite Mets podcast, “Amazin’ But True,” starring Nelson Figueroa and yours truly. Not a guest in this episode, but I’m taking a trip to Nelson Figueroa Spanish Academy and we’re debuting Figgie’s Fables. As bad fan behavior was a theme of the weekend thanks to some clowns at Yankee Stadium, Figgie shares a story of a few times he’s dealt with unruly fans.
Amazin’ But True’ Podcast with Jake & Figgie:
- SHIVER START: Mets win another series in Arizona. Tylor “Big Drip” Megill continues to be great in the rotation. David Peterson filled in well for Taijuan Walker. Friday’s game is usually a game the Mets don’t win after Edwin Diaz blew the save.
- MAD MAX/LINDOR/MARTE/BUCK: Max Scherzer was sensational against the Giants. Francisco Lindor continues to shine as a sophomore with the Mets. Starling Marte was electric on the base trails. This team feels different with Buck Showalter at the helm.
- YANKEE FANS MAYHEM: Angry at the fans who threw beer cans onto the field after a Yankees walk-off win at Yankee Stadium. What needs to change? It was an embarrassing sight for the fanbase.
- FIGGIE’S FABLES: Figgie shares a few stories about his interactions, good and bad, with fans at opposing stadiums.
- NELSON FIGUEROA SPANISH ACADEMY: Figgie is teaching me how to say “drunk fans” and “best team in the big leagues” in Spanish.
- CATS/FERRYHAWKS: We end the show and talk about how I feel about Eduardo Escobar because I don’t like cats. Figgie updates us on a difficult opening weekend for his Staten Island Ferryhawks in West Virginia.
Catch up on all episodes of “Amazin’ But True,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. Follow the podcast on Twitter @AmazinButTrue.
https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/amazin-but-true-mets-keep-the-april-good-times-rolling/ Mets keep the good times going in April