A masked burglar reportedly broke into the Beckhams’ £40million west London mansion while they slept and ran away with thousands of pounds in designer goods.
David and Victoria Beckham were reportedly at the home with their 10-year-old daughter Harper at the time when the thief broke in through an upstairs bedroom window.
Cruz Beckham, 17, discovered a burglar had been in the house when he got home from a night out with friends. The sun called. A guest room had reportedly been ransacked, with the glass from the broken window spilled on the floor.
The newspaper said the teenager alerted his father, who called 999 while they searched the rest of the house.
A source tells The sun: “The thieves broke in through a window and shot straight out of it with a small number of objects. Luckily, none held much sentimental value to the family.”
They added that CCTV had caught the masked intruder “climbing over the gate at the front of the house.”
“Then he climbed up the house and broke in through a guest room window.
“The family was visibly devastated by what happened. It was very upsetting for them when they found out that the burglar broke into the house while they were at home.”
Thousands of pounds of designer and electronic goods were allegedly stolen.
The Beckhams bought the four-storey London townhouse in 2013 for £31million and have spent an estimated £8million on it.
The Grade I listed home has its own gym and wine cellar, as well as separate quarters where her eldest son, Brooklyn, lived before moving to America with his fiancé, Nicola Peltz.
The Beckhams also own a converted barn on Great Tew’s estate, Chipping Norton, which has its own swimming pool, sauna and football pitch.
The £6million Cotswold safe haven is now patrolled by a security guard after two burglaries, according to reports.
The famous couple are said to have ordered a security check at their London home following the burglary.
Police believe the burglar was also targeting two other properties in the area.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 00:37 on Tuesday 1 March to receive reports of a break-in at a residential address in the W11 area of Kensington.
“The burglary is said to have taken place between 8.30pm and 11.30pm on Monday 28 February.
“Some items have been reported stolen. No arrests were made. Inquiries continue.”
Regarding the other break-ins in the area, they said: “Investigations are ongoing. Police believe they were forced into a neighboring property and attempted to enter another.
“Nothing is said to have been stolen from the first address.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/david-victoria-beckham-burglary-west-london-home-b2047910.html Masked burglar raids Beckham’s £40m London mansion while they were inside