BALTIMORE (WJZ) – A 13-year-old has admitted to using an Instagram alias to post prank threats against Ballenger Creek Middle School this week, the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office said Friday.
The teen admitted to creating an Instagram account and posting threats but said it was a “joke” inspired by a TikTok challenge and that he had no plans to shoot anyone, the Sheriff’s Office said chief.
School districts and law enforcement agencies across the country have been monitoring similar posts on social media, but So far no threat has been deemed credible, according to CBS News.
While a search of the teenager’s room found no weapons and social media threats unmasked, congressmen said he is expected to face criminal charges , including threats of mass attacks.
Lieutenant Jason Dealer, who is in charge of school resource officers for Frederick County, said investigators arrested the teen “through the use of technology and working with social media providers.” “.
“While this specific school threat has been investigated, we will still be increasing our police presence at schools and throughout the Frederick County school system today,” Dealer said.
Anyone with information about the identities of those posting school threats in Frederick County is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 301-600-1046.
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2021/12/17/maryland-teen-confesses-to-posting-hoax-threats-against-frederick-county-school/ Maryland teen confesses to posting Hoax threats against Frederick County School – CBS Baltimore