MANCHESTER Man City star Benjamin Mendy has been charged with the latest of six rape charges of the six he is facing.
The left-back, 27, is currently charged with seven counts of rape and one count of sexual assault against four women over the age of 16.
Mendy appeared at Chester Crown Court today after being taken into custody, where he was reportedly charged with one more count of rape.
The interim hearing date has been moved from January to June 27 or August 1 of the following year.
The £52m France international has been detained since he was first charged in August.
Last month, he was charged with two counts of rape that occurred in Macclesfield.
One was committed on August 23 – just three days before he was charged with previous rapes, it was said.
This is the second rape that Mendy is accused of committing while being released on police bail following his arrest in November.
In October, Mendy was denied bail by a judge at a 50-minute hearing at Chester Crown Court. It was the third bail application that Mendy did.
He was charged on 26 August for raping a woman three times at a Cheshire mansion last October.
He allegedly raped a second woman while on bail by police in August.
The footballer is also accused of sexual assault in early January 2021.
Co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie, 40, was also found guilty of two more counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.
He has been charged with sexually groping a woman in Sheffield in 2016, raping a woman in March this year and another count of rape in Macclesfield in July.
English Premier League Champion City man spent £49.2m signing Mendy from Monaco in 2017.
He last played for the club on 15 August in a 0-1 loss to Tottenham at the start of the season.
In September last year, Man City coach Pep Guardiola revealed that Mendy would have to miss at least a month due to injury.
In a statement, the club said: “Manchester City can confirm that after he was charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.
“This matter is subject to a legal process and therefore the club cannot comment further until that process is complete.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17037710/benjamin-mendy-charged-fresh-rape-count/ Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy charged with rape seventh of six he has faced