A MAN has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of a newborn.
The seven-week-old child was discovered unresponsive at a property in Burnley, Lancashire on November 28 last year.
He was taken to Manchester Children’s Hospital but sadly died two days later, Lancashire Police said.
A man and a woman, both 25, were initially arrested on suspicion of assault and released on bail.
But after the deaths, the couple, both from Burnley, were arrested again on suspicion of murder.
The woman has since been released without charge while the man remains on bail while the investigation continues.
A statement from the Armed Forces said: “We were called by Ambulance at around 12.10pm on Sunday 28 November to an address in Burnley.
“Emergency services attended and a seven-week-old boy became unresponsive.
“The baby was taken to hospital and later transferred to Manchester Children’s Hospital for further treatment.
“A man and woman, both 25 and from Burnley, were initially arrested on suspicion of assault and released on bail.
“Unfortunately, the boy died on November 30.
“A Home Office autopsy has been performed and further medical investigations are needed to determine the cause of death.
“The man and woman were re-arrested on suspicion of murder, but following further investigation the woman was later released without charge.
“The man remains on police bail until August 31. The investigation is ongoing.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact police on number 101 quoting log number 0581 of November 28.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18231319/man-arrest-murder-baby-home/ Man, 25, arrested for murdering seven-week-old baby who was found unconscious at home in Burnley