KATY, Texas (KTRK)– The City of Katy is urging residents and businesses to start conserving water immediately until further notice.
The city announced the start of mandatory restrictions on water use in a press release Friday afternoon.
City officials say the need for water is so great that they have tackled three severe drought conditions.
Mayor William H. Thiele said he decided to enter phase three to also help preserve and protect the wells and give them a much-needed opportunity to recover.
Level three is mandatory, and violations can result in enforcement actions, including a written warning, a subpoena or water supply disruption, which can be appealed, officials said.
Mandatory restrictions include:
- Limit landscape watering to the water schedule twice a week
- Prohibit hosing down paved areas, buildings, windows and any hard surface area
- Prohibit the operation of ornamental foundations
- Prohibit washing or rinsing vehicles with a hose
- Prohibit the use of water so that runoff or other waste is possible
- Do not prohibit replanting of landscaping
- No new pool plan submissions will be accepted
To report violations of the mandatory restriction, you can visit the City of Katy’s website or call 281-391-4820.
Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.
https://abc13.com/city-of-katy-mandatory-water-restrictions-stage-three-usage/12102101/ Katy is moving to “strict” mandatory water conservation measures, officials say