Nick Cave has thanked fans for their support following the death of his son Jethro Lazenby.
On May 9, the musician issued a statement confirming that his son, who worked as a model, had died at the age of 31.
“It is with great sadness that I can confirm that my son Jethro has passed away,” Cave said. “We would be grateful for the privacy of the family at this time.”
On Tuesday (May 24), Cave addressed his son’s death on his blog The Red Hand Fileswhere he replied to a fan who offered him his “heartfelt condolences” over the “tragic death”.
Alongside a picture of Lazenby, he thanked the fan for his message.
“Many others have written to me about Jethro, sending me their condolences and kind words,” Cave said. “These letters are a great source of comfort and I want to thank you all for your support.”
He added that he’d be returning to the site more regularly “in a few weeks” and opted out: “Love, Nick.”
Jethro, who was born in Melbourne in 1991, was eight years old when he found out Cave was his father.
He took up modeling after being spotted in town and tried his hand at acting, with roles in the 2007 film Corroboree and 2011s My little princessin which Isabelle Huppert played the leading role.
Last month, the model was jailed after admitting to violently assaulting his mother, Beau Lazenby, at her Melbourne home.
Speaking about his arrest in April, his representative Sean Ghattas said Lazenby had been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which impaired his judgement.
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/nick-cave-son-death-jethro-lazenby-b2086840.html Jethro Lazenby: Nick Cave thanks fans for the ‘support’ after the death of his son