Dying Light 2 is an open world survival game published and developed by Techland. This game has been out for a few days and the launch of the developers has been extremely successful. It has far surpassed the peak player numbers of the first entry and is more comfortable than many PC titles of 2022. It is clear that fans have dying to play it, and the reception so far has been pretty positive. Despite some technical limitations, most games look and run pretty well on a variety of systems. If you want to disable the Dying Light 2 Chromatic Aberration effect, here’s how you can do so with a mod.
Disabling Dying Light 2 . effect
Chromatic Aberration is a visual effect that many PC games have used for a while. However, it is not always suitable for PC gamers and usually, there is an option to disable it in the in-game settings.
Sadly, this is not the case in Dying Light 2, which requires the user to modify the title. Nexus Mods users shawnikaros created a mod that allows you to disable various post-processing effects including Chromatic Aberration.
Here are some other effects that this mod allows you to turn off
- Anamorphic flares lenses
- Lens flare
- Dirty lens
- barrel lens distortion
This is not a traditional mod, but it does edit data files, where Techland has kept different variables for these effects.
The installation is very simple and you can do so by following the steps below.
- Go to the next section Nexus Mods page
- Now, under No post process effect click MANUAL DOWNLOAD. You will need a free account to download.
- This will download a zip file containing various mod files
- Extract it with compression software like Winrar or 7zip
- Now, let’s open ph directory, followed by the source folder
- Here you will see a few files corresponding to the desired effect, as shown below
- Now delete the files corresponding to the effect you don’t want disabled. Since we only want to disable Chromatic Aberration, we’ll just keep it Data6.pak
- Then copy ph and paste it in Dying Light 2 installation directory (where the game is installed)
That’s all you need to do, and the next time you launch Dying Light 2, chromatic aberration will be disabled. Again, if you also want to disable other effects, just keep the pak files for the respective effects.
Below is a comparison screenshot provided by the mod author showing Dying Light 2 with and without these effects.
We hope that the developers will add these options in the game in some future update, but we doubt that will happen.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to disable the Dying Light 2 chromatic aberration effect on your PC. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
https://whatifgaming.com/how-to-disable-the-dying-light-2-chromatic-aberration-effect-on-pc/ How to turn off Dying Light 2 chromatic aberration effect on PC