The world’s billionaires are Pour Money in Retirement Investments.
This came out last September Jeff Bezos had invested in Altos Labs, a company engaged in biological reprogramming technology. “Reprogramming” is the scientific term for making old cells young again. It was discovered in 2012 by Japanese scientist Shinya Yamanaka, who described it as a potential “elixir of life.” The Nobel Prize for Medicine Committee seemed to agree.
Bezos — and Altos — aren’t the only ones.
Coinbase co-founder and CEO Brian Armstrong recently invested in a company working to radically extend the human health span through epigenetic reprogramming therapies. Overall, the antiaging industry expected to grow over $64 billion until 2026a 45% increase over 2020 levels ($44 billion).
So why are billionaires like Jeff Bezos investing in age reversal or “anti-aging” technology?
Because they have one Longevity Mindset.
What exactly is a longevity mindset?
One way to understand the longevity mindset is to look at its opposite.
Most people take the aging process for granted. If disciplined, healthy, and happy, they live to be around 20, begin to decline in their 40s, and die sometime between 60 and 80.
They accept that life expectancy is 81.2 years for women and 76.4 years for men – nothing they can do, just take the lemons and make lemonade.
And who can blame them? Almost every human institution – governments, the insurance industry, medicine, religion – is organized around this mindset.
The anti-longevity mentality is: mortality is inevitable, youth is fleeting.
So the longevity mindset is: mortality is avoidable, youth is renewable.
If this sounds shocking to you, you’re not the only one. For years, scientists who supported a longevity mindset were shunned, and as a result, longevity studies were submitted for fear of losing funding.
But medicine has evolved.
We have entered a period of exponential medicine: Innovations such as genome sequencing, RNA transcriptomics, Wnt pathway modifiers, vaccines, CRISPR, liquid biopsies, CAR-T cells, gene therapy, exosomes and stem cells are just some of the technologies the world’s billionaires are fast chasing.
Free from the narrow academic paradigm, these scholars earn five to ten times a top professor salary by working for Altos and others.
Ultimately, Aging is a disease– a disease that many of the most powerful people on the planet believe can be slowed, stopped and even reversed.
This is the spirit of the Longevity Mindset.
How to develop your own longevity mindset
Examine and assess the six basic areas of life that everyone, whether you live on the edge or in a mansion, must manage.
- beliefs. At one end of the spectrum are people who see age 75 as the end. At the other extreme are people who view aging as a disease and actively pursue breakthroughs in biotechnology that have the potential to slow or even reverse aging. Which one are you?
- media diet. The movies, books, and articles you consume have a deep, direct impact on your thinking. Is Your Media Diet Reinforcing Anti-Longevity Mentality? Or read books like David Sinclair’s lifespanblog like minenews feeds like www.LongevityInsider.org?
- community. The people we spend time with also shape our mindset. Do you spend time with people who constantly worry about death? Or are you meeting with a younger, more energetic audience that surrounds you with optimism and a youthful vision of the future?
- sleeping habits. we physiologically necessary eight hours of sleep a night. Do you burn the candle at both ends? Or are you prioritizing that most valuable resource and using the best techniques to help you?
- Your nutrition. You are literally what you eat. The nutrients (or non-nutrients) you eat become your body, mind, and spirit. Do you overindulge in good-tasting (high-sugar) but destructive foods? Or do you put together a sensible diet and practice intermittent fasting to maximize your energy and longevity?
- exercise habits. Exercise — especially that which increases muscle mass — is critical to longevity. Train at least 3 times a week – maybe take peptides to maximize growth hormone and increase muscle mass?
- Way of thinking. Are you cultivating your longevity mindset? Do you see your future as bigger than your past?
No capital investment is required to lay the foundation for a longevity mindset. Everyone has beliefs, a media diet, and a community. Everyone needs to sleep, eat and move.
In the background, billionaires like Bezos are accelerating the industry and working to bring cutting-edge longevity technology to people.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90741008/anti-aging-technology-is-coming-heres-how-you-can-be-ready-for-it?partner=feedburner&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feedburner+fastcompany&utm_content=feedburner How to develop a long-lasting mindset for anti-aging technology