Errol Spence Jr. leaves Yordenis Ugas’ eye horribly swollen in preparation for Terence Crawford’s superfight

ERROL SPENCE JR stopped Yordenis Ugas in ten brutal rounds to start a superfight with Terence Crawford.

The Texan, overcoming a scare in round six, slammed Ugas’ right eye so hard that the ringside doctor had no choice but to end the fight.

Yordenis Ugas was beaten by Errol Spence


Yordenis Ugas was beaten by Errol SpencePhoto credit: @ShowtimeBoxing

Spence added the WBA belt with the WBC and IBF versions he carried into the fight and now just one jewel is missing.

And with Crawford’s WBO title being the only thing standing in the way of his unchallenged dominance, the US star made his intentions clear.

Spence yelled, “Everyone knows who I want next, I want Terence Crawford next.

“This is the fight I want, this is the fight everyone else wants and like I said, I’m going to get those straps.

“I’ll go over there and take his s*** too. Terence, I’ve come for the damn belt.”

Spence, 32, came into the fight with a nearly 17-month layoff after undergoing eye surgery.

He pulled out of a dream fight with Manny Pacquiao (43) which Ugas (35) won instead.

But Spence refused to slow down for a warm-up as he raced toward the undisputed welterweight crown.

He said: “I had no doubts at all, I believe in myself 100 percent, I train 100 percent.

“I knew I was coming for the win, that’s what I wanted, I didn’t want a comeback or a fight with someone I know I can beat.

“I wanted a fighter who could bring out the best in me and I knew Ugas would bring out the best in me.”

The opening phase of the contest was low key as Spence landed at higher frequency, but Ugas was the more accurate puncher.

Halfway into the fight, the hometown hero began to take control, landing heavy punches inside.

But in round six the tie threatened to be turned on its head when Ugas wobbled Spence with a short uppercut.

It knocked out the champion’s gumshield and made Spence search for it – and almost paid the ultimate price.

Meanwhile, when Ugas was more keen on punching and injuring the American, he stumbled onto the ropes.

But the referee stopped the action – when Ugas came up strong – to allow Spence to reinsert his mouthpiece.

The tough break gave Spence time to recover and a huge sigh of relief echoed through Dallas’ AT&T Stadium.

Spence, feeling the momentum had been lost, stormed out of the gates on lap seven and this time Ugas got injured.

Ugas was on the retreat from there when his eye started to swell, leading to the doctor examining it in round eight.

Spence knew his man was there for takeaways, and in the ninth he pulled the Cuban backwards to the ropes, unloading the heavy travel route.

It was similar in round ten, and a pair of left uppercuts stopped Ugas on shaky legs.

A mum who falsely claimed she was kidnapped and beaten has put on an'Oscar-worthy' show
I work at Dollar Tree - we know when people are stealing because they're obviously doing it

When Spence came to finish the job, the referee again turned to the ringside doctor.

This time he found Ugas unable to continue, ending the tense fight at Arlington.

Spence now reigns as an undefeated three-belt unified champion – with Crawford the only man on his way to complete welterweight dominance. Errol Spence Jr. leaves Yordenis Ugas’ eye horribly swollen in preparation for Terence Crawford’s superfight


USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button