Local

Dog saves Iowa family from carbon monoxide poisoning

blank

ANKENY, Iowa (WHO) – A beloved family pet became her family’s hero when carbon monoxide crept into their home on Monday.

“I could tell that something was up with Roxy,” said Brad Harbert, owner of Roxy. He said Roxy was a gentle person, but that night she was very active.

“She just jumped out of my bed, jumped back on the bed. When I started arriving, I heard the alarm, and it wasn’t a smoke alarm,” Harbert said.

Harbert’s carbon monoxide detector worked.

“I jumped out of bed. As soon as I did that, Roxy walked out into the hallway… I grabbed it [carbon monoxide] Harbert said.

Harbert gathered his son, father, and Roxy outside the house and called 911. Minutes later, he said the Ankeny Fire Department had arrived at his home. MidAmerican Energy identified the leak as coming from Harbert’s gas and electric heaters.

“She could tell something was wrong that night when she woke me up and just by her actions, she shivered and was just really worried we were going out. [I’m] Harbert said.

Harbert advises other homeowners to have their fireplace serviced regularly and to purchase a carbon monoxide detector.

https://kfor.com/news/u-s-world/dog-saves-iowa-family-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning/ Dog saves Iowa family from carbon monoxide poisoning

JACLYN DIAZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button