“Chris Noth will not be filming additional episodes of Equalizer, effective immediately,” CBS and Universal Television said in a statement Monday. The actor will appear in one more episode already in production.
The news comes as the actor faces accusations from two women who have come to see them privately. CHEAP in a story published last week with similar accounts accused the actor of sexual assault. One woman accused the actor of sexually assaulting her in Los Angeles in 2004. A second woman accused Noth of sexually assaulting her at his New York apartment in 2015. The actress Zoe Lister-Jones also shared an incident that a friend of hers met with Noth, as well as her experience working with Noth on set. The third woman, “Ava,” also separately accuses Noth sexually assaulted her in 2010 when she was 18 and Noth was 55.
“The accusations against me by individuals I met years and even decades ago are completely untrue,” Noth said in a statement. an earlier statement for Rolling Stone. “These stories can be from 30 years ago or 30 days ago – which doesn’t always mean not – that’s a line I didn’t cross. Meetings are consensual. It’s hard not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for sure why they’ve surfaced now, but I do know this: I don’t assault these women.”
In addition to out at Equalizer, Noth was dropped by A3 Artists Agency last Friday. That same day, the $12 million deal to acquire Noth’s tequila brand Ambhar was revoked by Entertainment Arts Research.
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news/chris-noth-dropped-cbs-the-equalizer-sexual-assault-allegations-1274429/ Chris Noth Beaten by CBS Series ‘The Equalizer’