Entertainment

Caitlyn Jenner pulls out of new interview with Piers Morgan after clip of Donald Trump aired

blank

Though the interview won’t air until next week, the controversy sparked by the promos for Piers Morgan’s meeting with Donald Trump has managed to draw another former reality star into the fray: Caitlyn Jenner.

The former California gubernatorial candidate announced on Twitter Thursday that she will not be appearing on Mr. Morgan’s new show. Piers Morgan uncensoredafter watching the teaser trailer for the highly-anticipated 75-minute interview the host conducted with the former US President.

The clip, which includes multiple shots of the former US leader grimacing while Mr Morgan interjects lines like “the 2020 election was free and fair” and his administration “never provided hard evidence” to the contrary, was released by Mr Trump, who called the footage “false” in a recent statement.

Ms Jenner, a former supporter of Mr Trump in the 2016 election, appeared to echo the former president’s sentiment once again when she took to Twitter to announce her cancellation of appearing on Mr Morgan’s show.

“This is a pathetic attempt to use President Trump to revive the career of a failed TV presenter, @TayFromCA … couldn’t agree more,” the Olympic gold medal winner wrote while citing Taylor Budowich, the communications director, for Mr Trump. ” @piersmorgan I’ve just had my management cancel my performance with you for this Wednesday due to your repulsive misconduct today.”

Late on Wednesday, Mr Trump issued an official statement dismissing how he had been characterized in the messy 30-second teaser, saying: “Piers Morgan, like the rest of the fake news media, has tried to stretch his long and unlawful and misleading to edit boring news interview.”

“He wanted to make it look like I left the interview when I went an hour past my 20-minute time limit. The interview was very strong on the 2020 election fraud and I called him “a fool” if he really believed those results,” the president’s one-term statement said.

“For those who want to make Piers look bad, compare his promotional video and how it was manipulated to reality. Hopefully they’ll be making some big changes to their final product now,” Mr Trump concluded.

Mr Morgan, who shared the promo, which has since been viewed more than 3 million times on his own Twitter account, to promote his new TalkTV program, took to the same social media platform to take Ms Jenner’s public admonition to challenge his new show before it even aired.

“Hi Caitlyn, I thought you hated the abort culture?” he wrote in a reply to the former Olympian’s tweet. “I did a 75 minute interview with President Trump, why don’t you actually watch it before you decide how I acted?”

Although Ms Jenner has had a flip-flop relationship in terms of supporting Mr Trump over the years, it seems the former President is back in her good graces with this recent tweet.

In 2016, speaking at the Republican National Convention (RNC), she defended her support for the then-Republican candidate, noting that she believed he would deliver on his promise to support women’s issues.

“I think he would be very good for women’s issues. I don’t think he’s out there to destroy women or take things away or do things like that,” she said on her TV series. I’m Caitbefore calling Hillary Clinton a “damn liar.”

However, the former reality star later withdrew her support for the president.

Writing in an op-ed for The Washington Post In 2018, she said her views of the controversial former president had changed, as his policies towards the LGBT+ community did not result in what she saw as “fertile ground for change.”

“After Trump’s election as president, I saw fertile ground for change within the Republican Party on LGBTQ issues,” she wrote. “Unfortunately, I was wrong. The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president.”

But then, as recently as July 2021, when Ms. Jenner’s attempt to replace Democrat Gavin Newsom in Sacramento by running for governor of California saw another flop in her attitude toward Mr. Trump.

Appearing on Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro’s show, the 72-year-old was asked if she would support Mr Trump if he ran for president again in 2024.

“Of course, if I were the governor of the state of California, I would support him,” she said in response.

In California’s recall election, held last September, Ms. Jenner received about 1.1 percent of the vote.

Mr Morgan’s 75-minute interview, which took place at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., will be shown Monday at 8 p.m. on TalkTV.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-clip-caitlyn-jenner-piers-morgan-interview-b2062610.html Caitlyn Jenner pulls out of new interview with Piers Morgan after clip of Donald Trump aired

JOE HERNANDEZ

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button