Local

Bobcat died from a rodent despite the efforts of the rescue team

SANIBEL, Fla. – Staff of Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic, Inc. (CROW) rescued a lynx that had ingested rat poison.

According to a CROW Facebook post, employees found a juvenile male lynx sitting in front of a homeowner’s garage with blood in his mouth. When rescuers brought him to the CROW facility, he was emaciated and his heart rate was weak.

Veterinarians quickly tried to stop the lynx’s bleeding, which was later determined to be rat poison poisoning.

The staff had to put the lynx in the oxygen chamber and search for blood for transfusion. There are no veterinary clinics in the area that have blood available.

A Blue Pearl clinic in Sarasota had some blood, but the lynx died before the blood arrived.

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2022/02/04/bobcat-dies-from-rodenticide-despite-rescue-teams-efforts/ Bobcat died from a rodent despite the efforts of the rescue team

Tom Vazquez

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button