AUSTIN (KXAN) – Fall is in full swing, even if some warm unseasonal weather is still hanging around. With the season coming cooler temps, shorter days and beautiful autumn leaves. In this Weather College Lesson Alert, director of meteorology David Yeomans takes a closer look at why the color of leaves changes each year.
In this First Warning Weather University lesson, you will learn:
- The true color of a leaf.
- How plants digest sunlight.
- What causes a tree to lose leaves?
Learn more in FWWU:
- When the temperature drops, you’ll need to know why you should wrap your pipe.
- Colder temperatures also mean that sound travels farther.
- Bridges froze before other roads in freezing temperatures And there’s a good reason for that.
https://www.kxan.com/fwwu/autumn-leaves-are-falling-heres-why-theyre-so-colorful/ Autumn leaves fall; this is why they are so colorful