Call of Duty: Vanguard received an update on April 7th that was overwritten by a change to camo challenges for several categories. There was also a massive update to spawns for two CDL maps, as well as some changes to attachments. Here are the full patch notes of the Vanguard update.
As Season 2 progresses, Sledgehammer Games will continue to release patches to fix some of the game’s core issues. On April 7th, this one focused on camo challenges, which were a long-standing issue and made some of them easier to complete.
This also saw two Call of Duty League maps, Tuscan and Gavutu, and their spawn system was slightly overhauled to better fit the flow of the game.
The developers also adjusted an attachment on the Armaguerra 43, as well as some other weapons. You can see everything that’s changed in the latest CoD Vanguard update here.
CoD Vanguard April 7th Update: Camos & CDL Spawns
An update was provided in #Vanguard!
▪️ Reduced Headshot/Longshot Camo Challenge requirements
▪️ Slight adjustments to spawns on Tuscan and Gavutu
▪️ Fixed Silenced Armaguerra 43 being a bit too quiet
— Sledgehammer Games (@SHGames) April 7, 2022
The April 7th update had a few main points, the first of which related to camo challenges. If you’ve played Vanguard since its release, you probably remember the strange objectives required to unlock new skins. Now SHG is lowering the medal requirements for Headshot and Longshot for “multiple” camouflages.
Another important part of this focused on Tuscan and Gavutu, both of which are CDL cards. The developers have been testing a new spawn system in the Experimental Playlist, and it looks like they’re already implementing some. For Tuscan, both Control and Hardpoint spawns will be changed slightly, while Gavutu Control will see a change to protect spawners.
The developers also fixed that the Armaguerra 43 was completely silent when using a silencer, as well as attachments that stack modifiers.
April 7th Vanguard update full patch notes
- Lobby Walk
- Weapons are no longer misplaced when a battle shield is equipped in the secondary weapon slot.
- Adjusted Hardpoint’s spawn locations to be slightly farther from the third hill.
- Control initial spawn positions adjusted to be further back.
- Control spawn positions have been adjusted to avoid putting the player in immediate danger.
- Reduced headshot and longshot requirements for several camo challenges.
- Armaguerra 43 (submachine gun)
- The weapon is no longer completely silent when firing with a silencer attachment equipped.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed attachment modifiers to be stacked.
https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/vanguard-april-7-update-camo-challenges-easier-cdl-spawn-changes-patch-notes-1800085/ April 7th Vanguard Update: Easier Camo Challenges, CDL Spawn Changes, Patch Notes