Local

According to police, a family of seven in Minnesota, including three children, died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

By Aya Elamroussi, CNN

A family of seven, including three children, found dead Earlier this week, the inside of a home in northwest Minnesota died from what appeared to be accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, police said Wednesday.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office concluded in school entrance exam results The Moorhead Police Department’s Chief Shannon Monroe said the bodies of all seven were red, which is consistent with carbon monoxide toxicity, Moorhead Police Chief Shannon Monroe said in an interview. Press Conference. The test results of the blood samples also confirmed the cause of death, he added.

According to the police, those who died on Saturday were Belin Hernandez, 37, and his wife, 34, Marleny Pinto. Their children Breylin Hernandez, age 16; Mike Hernandez, 7 years old; Marbely Hernandez, 5 years old; also died in the incident, Monroe said.

The poisoning also claimed the lives of Eldor Hernandez Castillo, Belin Hernandez’s 32-year-old brother, and the parents’ niece, 19-year-old Mariela Guzman Pinto, police said.

Monroe said there is no indication of “any kind of criminal activity” at this time.

“Unless we find something else during our investigation, it’s heading towards some sort of random situation right now,” Monroe said.

Family members were conducting a welfare check at their South Moorhead home when they discovered the bodies and called 911, CNN affiliate KARE reported. According to KVRR, CNN affiliate KVRR shows no signs of forced intrusion or violence.

The investigation into the deaths revealed that there were two sources of carbon monoxide – an oven and a car parked in the garage, police explained. Detectives found a detached carbon monoxide detector and a smoke detector in its place instead, Monroe said.

Investigators are also conducting additional testing to determine whether the carbon monoxide is originating from the vehicle’s exhaust, which family members said had some mechanical problem related to the battery. , the authorities said. According to Monroe, police found the car with a dead battery and a half tank of gas.

Moorhead in Clay County, just across the Red River from Fargo, North Dakota.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. Copyright Registered.

CNN’s Raja Razek, Claudia Dominguez, Alaa Elassar and Laura James contributed to this report.

https://kesq.com/news/national-world/cnn-national/2021/12/23/minnesota-family-of-7-including-3-children-died-of-apparent-accidental-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-police-say/ According to police, a family of seven in Minnesota, including three children, died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

DUSTIN JONES

USTimeToday is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@ustimetoday.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button